Wednesday, October 18, 2006

So who called the affair off?

One of the things that has continued to play on my mind is who called the affair off. Was it my husband? Or was it the mistress?

Is my husband back because he wants to be? Or is it because she no longer wanted him? Did he decide to take something instead of having nothing? Am I the second best thing?

These questions have been pounding through my head frequently. I have had to sit down and weigh up lots of things. But I have finally been able to settle this within my mind.

The things that helped me do this were:

1. My husband told me he went to her place the night of his birthday to call off the affair. She placed pressure on him in different ways, so he ended up spending the night at her place. She tried to initiate sex, but he states he could not emotionally have intercourse with her.

Now I don't know if this is true or not, but, the following day the mistress has gone on an anonymous blog tirade, leaving nasty comments anonymously all over blog land on my blogger buddies sites. Not only did she leave anonymous comments, she also left them using her username and leaving her personal email address.

Why would you do that if you were not angry and out for revenge? And see the mistress at the same time started blogging intimate details once again about the affair on her blog site so as to draw my blog friends in to view her blog. Great way to make friends in blogland!

2. If the mistress called it off, like she adamantly states, why would she slash her wrists? If one was happy to terminate the relationship then one would not be trying to kill herself or use emotional blackmail for attention.

3. I have the birthday card that she wrote my husband only days before her phone call. He gave it to me to read, because he tells me EVERYTHING these days. Let me tell you the words written within it are not from someone that is about to call off a relationship!

4. If you are happy to walk away from a relationship then you don't go out of your way to cause drama for the other person. You don't go seeking to inflict pain upon these people, afterall you chose to end it for whatever reason, therefore there should be no malice or animosity. You shouldn't be angry because YOU dumped him.

5. If you chose to end the relationship then you would no longer hold any interest in his life. You would not be obsessed with what is going on if you happily walked away. You would hold no interest in reading blogs or leaving comments or even contacting his workmates. You would be cutting all ties if you no longer wanted anything to do with him.

6. You would not ring him again on his mobile to ask "Why?". If you ended the relationship there would be no "Why?" to answer. If the mistress ended the relationship would the "why?" not be asked by my husband?

My powers of deduction indicate to me that my husband did indeed call off the affair. I have to say that many of my questions have been answered by the behaviour and actions of the mistress.

I am certain my husband called off the affair and has returned to me of his own free will. Perhaps I am wrong, but my husband's behaviour tells me everyday that he loves me and WANTS to be here with me.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

exactly, you wouldnt seek revenge if you ended it, your right, her actions make it so much easier to believe hubby.

Thu Oct 19, 07:13:00 am AEST  
Blogger feduptonoend said...

Dont ever think you are second choice. He picked you because of you. He has obviously come to his true senses!!

Thu Oct 19, 08:14:00 am AEST  
Blogger mt_detroit said...

He probably did end it. The wopig was crazy and he knew it.

I am still pessimistic about this guy. Sorry.

I am glad you are happy though! I really hope he learned his lesson and never does it again. That is what you deserve!

Might I ask though why is first two marraiges failed?

Thu Oct 19, 12:55:00 pm AEST  
Blogger Determined said...

Yeah, like why would she slash her wrists over something that she herself did - end the relationship? Doesn't make sense. He ended it with her, and she was blindsided by the breakup. That's the only way that someone can go hysterical.

Thu Oct 19, 11:52:00 pm AEST  
Blogger Karin's Korner said...

I agree, don't second guess yourself. He is with you because that is where he wants to be and she is acting like a jealous wife (stupid bit*h). If you are reading this you wopig...He does not want you, how can he make it any clearer? Now Shattered, go on your second honeymoon and forget about the rest of us, we are your blogger friends and we will be waiting for an update on how your wonderful trip went. Of coarse you do not have to give us all the details (wink, wink).

Fri Oct 20, 05:18:00 am AEST  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Cell Phones
YouNeverCall