Saturday, July 22, 2006

The shoe is on the other foot...

Boo! I am back! I have been away getting some space but that is another post on its own. Stay tuned!

Anyway, it appears that I have upset the third person in my marriage. She sent my husband an SMS message last Saturday morning making reference to the post on my blog. Whilst it was not threatening, the under tones were extremely nasty, making reference to the Baileys and spa and hoping that 'he got it up' for me.

What has me really curious is why she would be choosing to read my blog anyway. I have never sent her anything suggesting she should read it. I do not identify any parties involved and I am certainly not out to hurt anyone with my blog. She will find nothing sinister because I am simply not that type of person.

Furthermore, why would I be 'out to get her' when she no longer exists in my mind. I don't hate her, nor do I wish anything nasty upon her or her children. I have moved forward and I am trying to rebuild my marriage and the pain and heartache the affair has caused (note I said the affair...not the mistress).

It does not appear to me that she has been able to move forward. When my husband told me about the affair, she was a blogger. After he decided to come back to me she set up another blog, purely for me to view. It was nasty and vindictive and published intimate details of their affair and details of my sexual relationship with my husband. And to make sure I read it she sent me a very obvious cryptic clue as a comment on my blog to get me to view it.

Well I did view it. I chose to view it. I made the decision to read what she had written and yes, it did cause me pain. She achieved what she set out to do. Well nearly achieved it...because her view was that I would kick my husband out and he would go back to her. Well her behaviour has only made my husband and I closer, so she shot herself in the foot!

Because of the pain that her blog was causing me, my husband and I made the conscious decision not to access it. We made that choice because the content was having a great impact on me. I really do not care what she thinks of me because she is not a significant person in my life. I have no desire to read about the details of their affair, so I made the decision not to access her blog and have not done so for weeks. She could be continuing to blog for all I know and I simply do not care.

My point is that if you choose to do something then nobody else is to blame for your choices and the consequences of your choices. She chose to become involved with a married man, so she cannot hold me responsible for her pain now that he has chosen to go back to his wife. It was her choice, and it is her choice to read my blog.

But I will take this opportunity to quote a passage from her blog published on June 11.

“I have it on good advice from a senior officer of the organization in which she is a mere civilian that I am doing nothing wrong. This is my blog where I vent my pain and anguish at how he has destroyed my life. If she can’t handle the truth, then she just shouldn’t read my blog. There are no names here.”


I guess the shoe is now on the other foot. If the shoe fits then wear it!

2 Comments:

Blogger S* said...

What is so telling is that even in your own pain, you're still able to reach out to other people. And you also understand that people can care about other people without taking sides. That tells a lot about your character.

What is it you always say...chin up!

Tue July 25, 11:21:00 pm AEST  
Blogger Determined said...

Some people are very stupid these days. They do not want to accept responsibility for their actions. If the mistress/tramp cheated and it's been verified, then you are not doing anything wrong by blogging about it.


Funny, Meg (from the "Divorcing Rick" blog), once told my husband's lover off via her blog - she asked her, "Who's going to read your blog? Other tramps?" lol Now that was some funny stuff. Too bad I asked her to delete it. Thinking back, I shouldn't have asked her to do so.

Fri July 28, 03:16:00 pm AEST  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Cell Phones
YouNeverCall