Sunday, June 25, 2006

Drifting for so long....

I will never forget the moment you told me about her. You called me at some ungodly hour of the morning because you were worried about me. You started crying, telling me that you thought I hated you. You were telling me that you loved me and you were sorry. I knew straight away who it was....even you were surprised at my intuition.

I didn't sleep that night and you called me several times and had lengthy discussions with me.

You came to me the following morning and we laid in bed and hugged. You were amazed at my strength and continued to thank me. We spent the day together, and yet you still felt so distant despite your continued apologies for letting me down and constantly hurting me.

That night you called her and advised her that you would not be going back to her. You came to my house and spent the night with me. You held me and kissed me like you haven't done in what seemed like an absolute eternity. We both cried and fell asleep like we used to ......held tight in each other's arms.

Now that I look back on the last 6 months I can't help but think how apt the song 'Drifting' by Sarah McLachlan is to you and your life.

'Drifting' from afterglow
Written and performed by Sarah McLachlan

You've been gone so long all that you know
has been shuffled aside as you bask in the glow
of the beautiful strangers who whisper your name
do they fill up the emptiness?

[Chorus]
Larger than life is your fiction
In a universe made up of one
You have been drifting for so long
I know you don't want to come down
Somewhere below you, there's people who love you
And they're ready for you to come home
Please come home

You walk in a room and the world stops to stare
Mesmerize all who are caught in the glare
Of the spotlight that follows wherever you go
Does it light up the emptiness?

[Chorus]
Larger than life is your fiction
In a universe made up of one
You have been drifting for so long
I know you don't want to come down
Somewhere below you, there's people who love you
And they're ready for you to come home
Please come home



Last night as we lay embracing on the lounge room floor listening to CDs, drinking red wine and bourbon, and chatting about trivial things such as what you were wearing on our first date, I couldn't help but wonder if you truly have returned to me.

My darling husband you have finally come home. Welcome back!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Cell Phones
YouNeverCall