Wednesday, June 28, 2006

The morning after

Well it certainly wasn't a typical 'morning after', but yet it felt like we had just met. There was a different feeling between us that I simply cannot find words for to accurately describe.

You had left for work by the time I got up. You called from work to thank me for giving us another chance. It was obvious you were extremely emotional. You could not wait to get home to me and actually left work early to come home.

When you arrived you knelt in front of me and placed your head in my lap. There was no need for words as you sobbed uncontrollably for an extended period of time. I tried to comfort you but you were beyond consoling. You simply sobbed in my lap whilst I ran my fingers through your beautiful soft curls.

When you finally looked up at me my heart melted. Why were you the one with the pain in your eyes? Your tear streaked face looking up at me made me realise why I had fallen in love with you all those years ago. And then you spoke to me, in a voice that was filled with pain. All you could say was "I am so sorry" and "Thank you for giving me another chance".

You apologised for failing me as a husband and treating me so poorly. You quoted Jack Nicholsan and said "You make me want to be a better man". Ironic really when "As Good as it Gets" was the movie we saw together on the night that we met.

You struck at my heart when you told me "I have just stabbed you, and stabbed you, and stabbed you. I cannot believe how badly I have treated you. I am so sorry."

You continually said "I cannot believe how much you love me. Thank you for loving me." You were like the little lost boy that had finally made his way home to the comfort of familiar surroundings and unconditional love.

I think you and I both found our way home on that morning. And most importantly, we both found our reason.

"The Reason" by Hoobastank
Track 8 on the album "The Reason"

I'm not a perfect person
There's many things I wish I didn't do
But I continue learning
I never meant to do those things to you
And so I have to say before I go
That I just want you to know

I've found a reason for me
To change who I used to be
A reason to start over new
and the reason is you

I'm sorry that I hurt you
It's something I must live with everyday
And all the pain I put you through
I wish that I could take it all away
And be the one who catches all your tears
Thats why i need you to hear

I've found a reason for me
To change who I used to be
A reason to start over new
and the reason is You [x4]

I'm not a perfect person
I never meant to do those things to you
And so I have to say before I go
That I just want you to know

I've found a reason for me
To change who I used to be
A reason to start over new
and the reason is you

I've found a reason to show
A side of me you didn't know
A reason for all that I do
And the reason is you



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Cell Phones
YouNeverCall