Saturday, August 19, 2006

Shattered Vows - Jane's vows to John

Jane's personally written marriage vows to John

One of the greatest gifts of our realtionship
Is the comfort of knowing I can always be myself with you,
And you will accept me for being just that.

With you I never have to laugh when I feel like crying,
Or be quiet when I need to talk,
Or stay calm when I feel like getting upset.
You know when I want to be serious,
You know when I need to be playful.
When I am with you I am free to express my true mood.
You know when I need your help or advice,
And when I just need to know that you care.

Your support adds so much to my life.
You share my joy as if it were your own.
You feel my pain and you cry with me.
Thank you for understanding me,
Accepting me, and loving me as I am.

Your accepting nature has helped me to treat others and myself, more gently.
You concentrate on my good points while overlooking my flaws,
And you can always find something in me to praise.
You are so thoughtful.
You give me much more than is expected
ANd you expect much less than you deserve.

My life is enriched in so many ways by your presence,
for in you I have found the friend I've always wanted
and the love I'll always need.

I will praise you when you win,
and share your pain if you lose.
Always, I will accept you for who you are
and not for how much or how little you achieve.
I will strive to bring out the best in you
while forgiving your faults.
I won't expect perfection in either of us.

In the tomorrows we share,
I hope that I can be sensitive to your needs,
understanding of your concerns,
patient with your mistakes,
and comforting of your pain...
that I can give as much of myself as you need...
and all the love that you deserve.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Like you said in The Meaning of I Love You, words are cheap, and actions speak louder than words.

Sun Aug 20, 08:48:00 am AEST  
Blogger kissmekate said...

I take it anonymous that you are having an indirect attack at me?

At least I am prepared to admit my failings within my marriage.

I have supported my husband and I have put up with a lot, not to say he hasn't. But at least I am mature enough to say I have done wrong and I am intelligent enough to work out where I failed my husband.

However, at the end of the day I did not break my marriage vows by having an affair.

Sun Aug 20, 12:02:00 pm AEST  
Blogger kissmekate said...

And furthermore Froot Loop aka Mrs K.T-C, where is my husband NOW?

And where are YOUR 2 husbands?

Mon Aug 21, 05:35:00 pm AEST  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Cell Phones
YouNeverCall